The nights are a little cooler. The leaves are beginning to change. Pumpkin Spice is making its annual appearance, and we all know what that means — October 31st is just around the corner! With Halloween quickly approaching, now is the perfect time to create a plan for a spooktacular night that won’t put you at odds with your residents.
Organize an Event
Community events are a terrific way to foster goodwill and encourage safety and rule compliance at the same time.
- Sponsor a trick-or-treat street in your clubhouse. Invite neighborhood businesses to set up booths to give out treats while they forge relationships with your residents.
- Plan a Halloween carnival and recruit community volunteers to run simple games, craft booths, and end the carnival with a costume contest.
- Bring a haunted house to a model unit or your office – just be sure that it is all-ages friendly!
Encourage Compliance Through a Decorating Contest.
With the wide variety of tastes in every community, holiday decorations can be one of the biggest headaches for any property manager during the holidays. One of the most effective ways to encourage compliance with community standards is to host a decorating contest. By creating a specific set of rules for participation, you can provide each member with a gentle but effective reminder of the community rules.
If your property doesn’t already have a written policy for holiday decorations, consider creating a specific policy for the contest. The following rules help to create a safe, enjoyable environment for everyone:
- All exterior decorations must be safe.
- All walkways, hallways, entrances, and emergency exits must remain clear of obstructions, curtains, extension cords, or any other obstacle that could impede evacuation or create a trip or fall hazard.
- No pulsing or rapidly flashing lights. These can cause problems for people with certain medical conditions.
Providing planned holiday events with clearly communicated expectations is an effective way for a property manager to avoid conflict and encourage community bonding. For more information on ways that your property management can ascend to the next level in management, contact us at Marquette Management today!Back to all posts