Moving can be a stressful time, and as a property manager, you want to make this transition as easy as possible for your new residents.
Helping to ensure a stress-free move is also a great way to foster new relationships, which is one of many wonderful resident retention tips. Make note of the following ways to help make moving in stress-free for your new residents.
- A move-in appointment prior to the actual moving day makes a huge difference. Moving is anxiety-provoking enough without having to look over a lease and sign it the same day as the move. Meet with your new residents prior to move-in day, which allows plenty of time to go over all of the details of the lease and to answer any questions.
- Do a walk-through of the apartment the day before the new residents are to move in to ensure that the unit is clean and ready for them. A punch sheet of what should have been done will help prevent missing something important.
- Don’t just hand over the inspection sheet to the new residents. Go over it with them. By doing this, you can show them that customer service is important to you, and it will also set your relationship off on the right foot.
- Create an information pack based on what you know about your new residents. For instance, if they have a dog, point out the dog parks that are in close proximity.
- Treat their pet as if he were a person too. Give a leash or a bag of treats as a move-in gift.
If you have any questions or would like more resident retention tips, make sure to contact us.Back to all posts